Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I wasn't sure whether or not to post this,it's so simple, but it was always such a favorite with my kids so I thought why not! It really is delicious.
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 4 bay leaves
- 12 peppercorns
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large heavy skillet, brown meat well. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, then immediately reduce heat. Barely simmer at least 2 hours, stirring periodically. If the sauce becomes too thick, add a little water.
I made this the other night and was very pleased with the results. I actually did mine in the slow cooker. I started it on the stove and once I got it all boiling, transferred it to the slow cooker for several hours as I had to go out. This is a delicious sauce and used ingredients that I always have in my pantry. I will make this again!