1/1 Photo of KFC Gravy (Copycat)
The Spice Guru's Note:
My revised reverse-engineered recipe for KFC's gravy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cold filtered water
- 2/3 cup cold nonfat milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Kitchen Bouquet
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 drop sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder (not onion salt)
- 3/8 teaspoon paprika
- 3/8 teaspoon seasoning (Bulk KFC Original Recipe Seasoning (Copycat))
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt (Lawry's)
- 1/8 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 1 pinch ground thyme
- 1NOTE: THIS RECIPE REQUIRES 3/8 TEASPOON OF MY Bulk KFC Original Recipe Seasoning (Copycat). BEFORE ADDING THE SESAME OIL TO THE BROTH, DISPENSE 1 SMALL DROP INTO A SPOON FIRST, TO AVOID EXCESS SPILLAGE.
- 2WHISK together the LIQUID INGREDIENTS in a large bowl.
- 3MIX together the DRY INGREDIENTS in a another bowl.
- 4QUICKLY whisk the DRY INGREDIENTS into the LIQUID INGREDIENTS, until thoroughly dissolved.
- 5MELT 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening in a medium saucepan over low heat; STIR in 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour; COOK the ROUX ingredients slowly over medium-low heat until just bubbly (do not brown roux!).
- 6POUR the blended broth mixture into the roux in saucepan; WHISK until mixture is thoroughly blended.
- 7BRING gravy mixture to a boil while whisking constantly; BOIL one minute; REDUCE heat.
- 8SIMMER until gravy deepens in color and desired consistency is reached, whisking as needed.
- 9REMOVE gravy from heat and allow to cool slightly before serving, stirring a often to avoid a skin from forming on surface.
- 10SERVE and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for KFC Gravy (Copycat)
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.3
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 182.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: