Recipe by Bobbie
Here it is --just in time for summer. This is such a refreshing way to end a glorious meal! It not only looks so pretty -- but it's just so smooth and delicious. I use Splenda in place of the sugar and sugar-free/fat-free lemon instant pudding -- that way I don't feel so guilty having that second piece.
- 2 cups Golden Grahams cereal, finely crushed
- 6 Nature Valley pecan crunch granola bars, finely crushed (3 pouches from a 8.9 oz. box, 1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, ground
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup key lime juice or 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 0.5 (1/4 ounce) package unflavored gelatin (1 1/2 t.)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box lemon flavor instant pudding and pie filling (4 serving size)
- 3 (6 ounce) containersyoplait original 99% fat-free key lime yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350. In medium bowl, mix all crust ingredients. Press in bottom and up side of ungreased 11 or 10 inch tart pan with removable bottom. Bake 10 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Place in freezer while making filling.
- Meanwhile, in 1 cup microwavable measuring cup or small bowl, place lime juice. Stir in gelatin. Microwave on High about 30 seconds, stirring occasionally, until gelatin is dissolved, set aside.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add gelatin mixture and pudding mix; beat until smooth, scraping bowl frequently. Add 1 container of yogurt at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in ½ cup sugar until smooth.
- Spread filling evenly in crust; sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Cut into wedges to serve. Store in refrigerator.
- Garnish the top with some whipped cream and lime slices if desired. I like to dip the edge of my lime slices in a little powdered sugar.