Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
DBMNMR *^*Lovingly adopted by Mom2 T, K, K & G September 2006 =)*^*
Make and share this Kentucky Cream Candy recipe from Food.com.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat but do not stir after mixture starts to boil.
- Continue boiling until mixture reaches 265 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Pour on marble slab or cool hard surface.
- As edges cool, push toward center once.
- When cool enough to handle, pull with buttered hands (Keep hands cool with damp cloth).
- Pull and fold over in a half twist.
- When pulling is completed, cut into pieces with scissors.
- Makes approximately 30 half twists.
- Recipe History: an old recipe for cream candy.
- Candy is not hard like taffy but has a softer and smoother consistency.
- This candy tends to melt in your mouth.
Been looking for this recipe forever - I remember this candy from my childhood. Thank you so much MEANCHEF for sharing it. Its some work, but sooo worth it! You can't believe that these three simple ingredients can make something this creamy and sweet. You really need to try this - you've never tasted anything quite like it.
How long do you pull it?
Thank you so much for this recipe. I have searched forever for it. I can remember as a little girl my great-grandma making this. I am so happy to have found it. You brought back many childhood memories. Thank You!!!!!!!!