Easy Chocolate Truffles Aka: Cool Whip Candy
photo by Tinkerbell
- Ready In:
- In large microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips slowly. About 30 seconds at a time, stirring between each increment until the chips are melted.
- Slowly start folding in the thawed Cool Whip & then continue to stir until well incorporated. (If Cool Whip is not well thawed the chocolate will freeze into tiny bits, ending with texture that resembles a rice krispie treat when eaten. The optimal outcome is to have a center that is light & fluffy like a 3 Musketeers candy bar.) Either way, they are very good.
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper or parchment.
- Roll a Tablespoon sized amount in your fingers or use a small (1-1/2 inch)cookie scoop and form into balls. Set aside on prepared cookie sheet. Repeat until the mixture is used up.
- Put cookie sheet with truffle centers into freezer for about 20 minutes (or longer to harden a bit).
- When ready to roll, remove centers from freezer & let sit on counter for just a few minutes.
- Put crushed graham crackers into a shallow bowl, roll each ball to cover and then place back on cookie sheet.
- When finished, put the cookie sheet back in freezer for an hour or two.
- Store covered in refrigerator or for long-term storage put the truffles into a large resealable bag & store in the freezer.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Thanks for posting! I've been looking for this recipe for a while now... A friends mom used to make these and she taught me how years ago. I never wrote down the recipe, because it's so easy. But then I didn't make them for a while and forgot. These are amazing! You can also use a whole candy bar instead of the chips.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi! I am happily married with two children, 26 and 12. For nearly 10 years when this site was Recipezaar and then Food.com I hosted several different forums. I enjoyed making, creating, reviewing, and photographing recipes, but what I miss the most are the friendships I made here. I was Food Editor for the Mill Creek View Newspaper in Mill Creek, WA. for about 4 years during that time. Currently I am the office manager at a small mental health clinic. I'm not on this site much anymore, but I do continue to appreciate and respond to all reviews posted to my recipes.