Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A very simple but very tasty Indian-style dish. Serve over rice. Adapted from a recipe at Emily Bites http://bit.ly/19tMB4R
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- ground black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon canned minced green chili pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Heat oil in non-stick skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add onion and saute slowly until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add beef and cook, breaking up large clumps with the edge of a wooden spoon, until brown all the way through, with no pink, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add tomatoes, garam masala, green chili, and turmeric and cook until tomatoes are hot and flavors combine, 3-4 minutes.
- Add peas and lemon juice. Cook until peas are hot but not mushy, about 6-8 minutes. Adjust seasoning and serve.