photo by rpgaymer
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon granulated onion or 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon granulated garlic or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 -2 tablespoon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 lb cheese, shredded (about 1 cup, I used a mix of cheddar and monterey jack)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray a 9" pie plate with non-stick spray.
- Stir together breadcrumbs, chili powder, granulated onion, granulated garlic, brown sugar, pepper, salt and paprika. Add evaporated milk and stir to combine. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Stir again and add beef. Combine well using your hands, then spread into prepared pie dish. Bake in preheated oven 20 minutes. Drain juices from pan (do NOT let the meat slide out of the pan like I did!).
- Spread mustard over meat. Spread ketchup on top of mustard. Sprinkle shredded cheese evenly over top. Return to oven for 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a 48 y/o gay Jewish man in the suburbs immediately north of New York City. I'm a general internist, practicing and teaching at a medical college north of NYC. I also earned a Masters in Public Health degree in 2013. After a Walt Disney World trip in Dec 2006 where I had to rent an electric scooter because I couldn't manage the walking, I decided to have gastric bypass surgery, which was done Feb 28, 2007. I lost 160 lbs (though I've gained back about 60 of that since). I can't eat as much as I used to, so I want every bite to be extra good!