1/10 Photos of Kato's Easy Banana Cake
1 hr 10 mins
Baby Kato's Note:
This is how I use those leftover black bananas. Sometimes I use the little tiny bananas because they have such an intense flavour. When I'm busy I freeze the bananas just for this cake. This recipe makes great cupcakes that freeze well. I've been making this recipe for 12 years, I hope that you enjoy it as much as we do...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cream the butter, add sugar and eggs.
- 3Mix well, add the bananas, nuts and vanilla.
- 4Prepare the sour milk by stirring the lemon juice into the milk.
- 5Sift the dry ingredients and add them to the banana mixture.
- 6Mix in the sour milk gently.
- 7Pour into a prepared 9 x 12" pan.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min - 1 hour (until firm in the center).
- 9*We find this cake sweet, so I usually just sprinkle icing sugar on top and serve it warm with vanilla bean ice cream.
- 10It's also nice with vanilla or chocolate buttercream frosting.
- 11If making cupcakes, bake for 15 - 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kato's Easy Banana Cake
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.0
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 53.4 mg
- Sodium 271.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 19.8 g
- Protein 4.0 g