1/7 Photos of Kathy's Curried Shrimp
This is a recipe I created when I had a craving for shrimp. It's simple yet has big flavor. I typically plan on 6 large shrimp per person, but you can adjust to your own preference. I like to serve this over wild rice with a nice salad on the side. I hope you enjoy. :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (use the real butter)
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 6 -8 mushrooms, sliced
- 0.5 (10 7/8 ounce) can cream of celery soup, so about 5 oz. (undiluted)
- 1 -2 teaspoon curry
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 24 large uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2-3/4 cup heavy cream
- long grain and wild rice blend, cooked
- 1Melt butter in a large skillet, med. to med. high heat.
- 2Add the green onions, green peppers, red peppers and mushrooms.
- 3Saute for approximately 4 minutes.
- 4Add 1/2 can of soup, curry (I use 1 t. but you can add up to 2 t. if you want the curry flavor to predominate), salt and pepper.
- 5Let sauce cook and thicken. (Approx. 5 minutes , you judge as to when the sauce thickens up for you.).
- 6Add shrimp.
- 7Add heavy cream. If it's too thick, you can add a little more heavy cream.
- 8Simmer for about 8 minutes, or until the shrimp is cooked through.
- 9Serve atop cooked wild rice (you can use white rice, if you prefer).
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kathy's Curried Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.6
- Calories from Fat 328
- Total Fat 36.4 g
- Saturated Fat 21.9 g
- Cholesterol 151.3 mg
- Sodium 423.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 8.2 g