Curried Shrimp With Pineapple Salsa
I found this recipe in a cookbooklet that I received from chef pines506 during our cookbooklet swap in March 2005. Sounds very yummy!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 small pineapple
- 1 small jalapeno, minced
- 2 teaspoons cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- For the salsa, core the pineapple and chop into small chunks.
- The jalapeno may be deseeded for less heat if desired.
- Combine all salsa ingredients in a medium bowl and toss well.
- Set aside while cooking the shrimp.
- For the shrimp, combine the shrimp, curry powder and salt.
- Heat half the oil over medium high heat.
- Cook half the shrimp for about 4-6 minutes or until done.
- Repeat by heating the remaining oil and cooking the remaining shrimp until done.
- To serve, toss the shrimp with the pineapple salsa and serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I really loved the pineapple salsa, but I was not a fan of the shrimp. Instead of sprinkling the curry powder on the shrimp themselves, I felt like it would've been better to cook the curry powder in some butter first and then throw the shrimp in & cook them. The curry powder tastes completely different when sprinkled on food like this.Reply
what a wonderful recipe! Love it! Have made it several times allready.A great summer dish. My son gave me the recipe several years ago and I just forgot to review it,but it gets 5 stars! I like to serve it over a green salad with sliced avocado,watercress ect. And ofcourse nice crusty french bread and a glass of chilled white wine....Thanks for sharing this wonderfull recipe!Reply
see 12 more