Top Review by Rise`
This is very tasty...my only additional comment would be that the "time" involved is not accurate. Between the slicing, boiling, mashing etc...5 minutes isn't correct. Good food either way however!
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 4 stalks celery & leaves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- boiling water
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups milk, Up to 3 Cups Maybe Used
- parsley, Chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and thinly slice potatoes, onion and celery.
- Saute for 3 to 5 minutes in hot vegetable oil.
- In a large pot, add all of the vegetables and cover with with just enough boiling water to cover.
- Place bay leaf and salt in pot and boil vegetables until tender.
- Drain vegetables and reserve liquid.
- Mash vegetables into vegetable stock; add butter.
- Thin soup with milk as desired; heat until warm. (DO NOT boil).
- Ladle into soup bowls and sprinkle with chopped parsley.