Leek and potato soup
- Ready In:
- in a large saucepan put some olive oil and the cleaned and chopped vegetables, sweat them slowly for about 20 minutes until they are cooked.
- Make up the stock, to how much soup you require and add to veg.
- Cook a little longer, making sure the veg is all cooked.
- Zap it all with a hand blender and check seasonings.
- It shouldn't need salt as the stock will have salt.
- Eat with crusty bread.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is my family's favourite soup. It's absolutely brilliant. I add a little worcester saucer and a little oregano and instead of blitzing it all, I mash it with the potato masher. That way, after you've dipped your crusty bread in, you're left with some mashed potato at the bottom of the bowl. Yum yum!! A fantastic soup that warms your insides on a cold day. Thank you so much for this recipe!Reply
Absolutely excellent soup! I used about 5 potatoes and 5 large leeks, 3 huge cloves of garlic and added half a handful of fresh dill. I zapped it all with my immersion blender and to really make this orgasmic added a cup of heavy cream. Totally worth the calories. Served this as part of a special birthday dinner, and it was declared the best part of the meal! Thanks Ann, this one's a winner!Reply
see 1 more