Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Posted for World Tour 2006. Yes yes yes this is yet another German potato Salad recipe but this has a slight twist with the Caraway seeds
- 3 lbs baby red potatoes, washed well, left unpeeled (about 2 inches in diameter)
- 10 slices bacon, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch strips (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 c)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a large saucepan combine potatoes with salted water to cover by 1 inch and simmer until just tender, about 20 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, in a large heavy skillet cook bacon over moderate heat, stirring, until browned and crisp and transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
- Drain potatoes and let stand until cool enough to handle; cut potatoes into eighths and in a bowl combine with bacon; keep mixture warm, covered.
- Pour off all but 3 tablespoons fat from skillet and sauté onion over moderately high heat, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add sugar, 2 tablespoons vinegar, and broth and simmer 2 minutes. Add onion mixture to warm potatoes with parsley and remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar, tossing gently, and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve potato salad warm or at room temperature, garnished with parsley.