Posted for World Tour 2006. Yes yes yes this is yet another German potato Salad recipe but this has a slight twist with the Caraway seeds
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs baby red potatoes, washed well, left unpeeled (about 2 inches in diameter)
- 10 slices bacon, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch strips (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 c)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1In a large saucepan combine potatoes with salted water to cover by 1 inch and simmer until just tender, about 20 minutes.
- 2While potatoes are cooking, in a large heavy skillet cook bacon over moderate heat, stirring, until browned and crisp and transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
- 3Drain potatoes and let stand until cool enough to handle; cut potatoes into eighths and in a bowl combine with bacon; keep mixture warm, covered.
- 4Pour off all but 3 tablespoons fat from skillet and sauté onion over moderately high heat, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- 5Add sugar, 2 tablespoons vinegar, and broth and simmer 2 minutes. Add onion mixture to warm potatoes with parsley and remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar, tossing gently, and season with salt and pepper.
- 6Serve potato salad warm or at room temperature, garnished with parsley.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kartoffelsalat (Warm German Potato Salad)
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.8
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 25.7 mg
- Sodium 401.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 9.5 g