Recipe by Mercy
This can also serve it hot, like a jam, with rolls or biscuits and ham. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Kahlua or 1⁄2 cup other coffee-flavored liqueur
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large lemon, zest of, grated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 6 ounces dried apples
- 6 ounces dried apricots
- 6 ounces dried prunes, pitted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, sugar, Kahlua, butter, lemon zest, cinnamon and cornstarch.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring often to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the dried apples, apricots, and prune; return to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the liquid is syrupy, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the compote to a medium bowl and allow to cool completely.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours or overnight.