Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
I'm a big fan of Kahlua and love this served over bread pudding. In fact, as Emeril would say "this would be good served on a bumper".
Top Review by kjdeangelo
Simple and scrumptious - this is fantastic on bread pudding but it's also pretty darn good on a spoon. The second time I made it, I used salted caramel kahlua. I bet it would be good on ice cream, too. I made it ahead of time but covered it with Saran Wrap to prevent a skin from forming.
Directions See How It's Made
- In a cup or small bowl combine water and cornstarch stirring until dissolved.
- Set cornstarch mixture aside.
- In heavy saucepan stir together heavy cream, sugar and Kahlua.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add cornstarch mixture and simmer over low heat for 4 minutes, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Remove from heat and whisk for 1 minute.