Recipe by dojemi
I got this recipe from a city cookbook. It is absolutely delicious. Prep time includes cooking the cake. If you purchase a prepared store bought cake it would cut about 30 minutes off the prep time.
- 1 (16 3/4 ounce) packagePillsbury Moist Supreme dark chocolate cake mix (*see note)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2⁄3 cup Kahlua
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 3 Heath candy bars (crushed, **see note)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix packaged cake mix with the 3 eggs, 1 1/4 cups water and 1/3 cup oil.
- Prepare pudding using the 4 1/2 cups milk.
- When cake is cool, cut into bitesize chunks and place 1/2 in a glass stemmed bowl, preferably with straight sides.
- Sprinle top with 1/2 of the Kahlua Top with 1/2 of the chocolate pudding.
- Top with 1/2 of the crushed Heath Bars.
- Spread 1/2 of the Cool Whip over this.
- Repeat all layers.
- Top with crushed Heath Bars.
- (**see note).
- NOTE:* Any cake mix can be used.
- Adjust ingredients per your cake mix directions.
- Also any store bought (unfrosted) chocolate cake would work just as well.
- **Heath Bars now come already crushed in 6 oz packages.