Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is really good if you leave it to sit for about 3 months or more. It needs to sit to develop the flavour. Otherwise, it doesn't taste like Kaluha.
- 2 3⁄4 cups white sugar
- 2 cups water
- 5 tablespoons camp coffee, found in coffee section of supermarket
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 26 ounces vodka
- Combine everything except the vodka in a saucepan.
- Bring to boil and boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- When cool, add vodka.
- Bottle and store in dark cupboard.
This worked out well. I made a ton of it around Christmas time and decided to wait until I opened it to rate it. Excellent Kahlua recipe. Taste like the expensive store bought without the store bought price. The down side is that you should wait as you mentioned.. I tried it when I first made it... didn't taste all that great for a Kahlua. I did add one teaspoon of coconut flavor along with the vanilla. Which was simply by accident but worked out well.. * picked up the wrong bottle* lol Thank you for posting this!