Recipe by Bonnie G #2
Got this recipe from another online site and love the combo of shrimp and asparagus, add the ginger and what's not to like. I do add garlic and some chopped shallots to the mix to but as the original recipe didn't have it left it out. The best part is how simple and fast it is, I served over angel hair pasta but think it would be just as good with rice. There's not a lot of sauce with this, so if you like a lot this may not be for you - but the flavors are so good
- 2 cups water
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 24 large fresh shrimp, peeled, deveined and cut in half lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry sherry
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, bring two cups of water to a boil.
- Cook asparagus in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of liquid.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the shrimp pieces until the color changes, about 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in asparagus with reserved liquid , and season with ginger, soy sauce, sugar, sherry and salt to taste.
- Continue to cook for 5 more minutes.