Thai Shrimp and Asparagus
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth or 1/4 cup water
- 1⁄2 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Pour the chile sauce and broth into a medium-size skillet and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, reduce the heat to medium and cook, turning the shrimp, until they turn pink and opaque and are cooked through and the sauce thickens somewhat, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add water to a large skillet to a depth of about 1 inch and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Rinse the asparagus spears and snap off and discard their tough ends. Add the asparagus to the boiling water, reduce heat and simmer until the spears turn bright green, about 3 minutes. Drain the asparagus and cut them into 1 1/2-inch pieces, then add the soy sauce to them.
- Spoon the shrimp onto plates; garnish the shrimp with asparagus, cilantro and sesame seeds.
- I serve this with steamed jasmine rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!