Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Ina Garten's Barefoot Contessa
- 1⁄2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (2 oranges)
- 1⁄2 cup freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice (1 large grapefruit)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (2 limes)
- 1⁄4 cup vodka (optional)
- orange juice, for sugaring glasses
- granulated sugar
- 2 mint sprigs
- Combine juices and vodka in a cocktail shaker 3/4 filled with ice. Shake until outside of shaker is frosted with condensation, about 30 seconds.
- Dip rims of martini glasses in orange juice in a small bowl. Dip wet rims in sugar.
- Divide cocktail between glasses. Garnish with mint sprigs.
Saw Ina make this a while ago and really wanted to try it. I LOVED it! I did use only 1 lime tho. I think the key is to make sure it is icy cold when served. Thanks for posting, DrGaellon.
Way too bitter for me. Luckily, I read the reviews of the drink on Ina Garten's Food Network page, and I understood it would be tart. I used just 1 lime. No amount of doctoring helped this for me. Too bad, it's such a cool name for a drink. If you like tart, this is for you! Update to review on July 13, 2009...I didn't want to let this go to waste, and I figured someone would drink it. After being in the refrigerator several hours, it mellowed and was actually quite good. Sorry for the negative review. Sometimes you just need to give things some time.
yummy! One of my favorite cocktails is vodka with freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice. Adding the other juices made it even better. I used meyer lemons. I also added less lime juice. The cocktail is a beautiful color! I will definitely make this often!