1 hr 10 mins
A wonderful entree type soup for a winter's night.. Best served with white rice in the bowl..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground sirloin
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 (14 ounce) cans beef broth (Swanson's)
- 1 (15 ounce) can asparagus spears (cut to 1 inch pieces, juice reserved)
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon McCormick broiled steak seasoning (divided)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Accent seasoning
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- 1Brown hamburger, breaking up into pea sized pieces until 1/2 done, then add onion and 1/2 tablespoon of steak seasoning and saute until onions are translucent. Drain off as much fat as possible.
- 2Drain asparagus reserving juice and cut spears into 1 inch pieces.
- 3In a 5qt pot, add hamburger mixture, asparagus pieces with juice, beef broth, pepper, steak seasoning, Accent, lemon juice and bouilion cubes.
- 4Bring up to a medium simmer and cook for 45 minutes, seasoning to taste with more steak seasoning, salt and pepper. (Dont allow it to boil).
- 5Place 1 cup of cooked rice in each soup bowl, and add soup. Garnish with green onion slices.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Judy's Hamburger Soup
Serving Size: 1 (858 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 592.4
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 57.5 mg
- Sodium 3612.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 41.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
McCormick broiled steak seasoning