Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This is another great dish from my Mother-in-laws kitchen. It makes a large amount so it works well for bigger gatherings or for all you left over lovers.
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar (packed)
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 (284 ml) can tomato soup
- 0.5 (455 ml) bottle Heinz Chili Sauce
- 4 -5 drops Worcestershire sauce
- 4 -5 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 medium white onion (chopped)
- 1 cup celery (chopped)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 -2 cup water
- 2 -3 kg pork ribs, washed and cut into individual pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- place ribs in a roasting pan , salt and pepper to taste then add the chopped onion and celery. Pour in enough of the water to cover the bottom of the roasting pan then dump the rest out.
- Bake for 2 hours.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together to create the sauce. Pour the sauce over the ribs after the 2 hours are done and increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- Cover and bake for an additional 1/2 - 3/4 hours.