Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another great hot wing recipe. Very sweet, very hot, very flavorful. How many can you eat??
- 0 butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2-3 jalapenos, chopped
- 118.29 ml beer (or ale)
- 236.59 ml barbecue sauce
- 118.29 ml chili sauce (or habenero sauce)
- 118.29 ml apricot preserves
- 118.29 ml honey
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml texas pete, sauce
- 14.79 ml Tabasco sauce
- 4.92 ml ground chipolte pepper seasoning
- 473.18 ml vegetable oil
- 473.18 ml flour
- 29.58 ml garlic powder
- 20 chicken wings, separated at joints and tips removed
- bleu cheese salad dressing
- SAUCE: Heat butter in a medium saucepan. add onion, garlic and jalapeno peppers. saute' for 1-2 minutes.
- Add remaining sauce ingredients, heat to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until thickened.
- CHICKEN: Meanwhile, heat oil in deep fryer or dutch oven to 350°F To a plastic grocery bag, add flour and garlic powder.
- When oil is ready, dredge chicken in flour mixture, shake off excess flour and place into hot oil. Reduce temperature to medium, cover and fry for about 3-4 minutes. Uncover, stir to turn chicken, and continue frying until golden and cooked through. NOTE: Do in batches, do not overcrowd chicken pieces.
- Using a strainer, remove chicken pieces and place immidiately into JJ's hot sauce. toss to coat and serve with bleu cheese dressing and lots of napkins.
Very spicy and sweet kick. Thanks for sharing.
These are really good. Thought they were more sweet then hot. Very easy to prepare. You really should broil them first. This seems to firm them up. I cut the recipe down to 2 servings and it worked great. Fixed these tasty guys for one of our snack nights. Thanks for posting.