- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 -3 jalapenos, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup beer (or ale)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce (or habenero sauce)
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons texas pete, sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground chipolte pepper seasoning
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 20 chicken wings, separated at joints and tips removed
- bleu cheese salad dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- SAUCE: Heat butter in a medium saucepan. add onion, garlic and jalapeno peppers. saute' for 1-2 minutes.
- Add remaining sauce ingredients, heat to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until thickened.
- CHICKEN: Meanwhile, heat oil in deep fryer or dutch oven to 350°F To a plastic grocery bag, add flour and garlic powder.
- When oil is ready, dredge chicken in flour mixture, shake off excess flour and place into hot oil. Reduce temperature to medium, cover and fry for about 3-4 minutes. Uncover, stir to turn chicken, and continue frying until golden and cooked through. NOTE: Do in batches, do not overcrowd chicken pieces.
- Using a strainer, remove chicken pieces and place immidiately into JJ's hot sauce. toss to coat and serve with bleu cheese dressing and lots of napkins.