Another great hot wing recipe. Very sweet, very hot, very flavorful. How many can you eat??
Make and share this Johnny Jalapeno's Hot and Sticky Chicken Wings recipe from Food.com.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 -3 jalapenos, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup beer (or ale)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce (or habenero sauce)
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons texas pete, sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground chipolte pepper seasoning
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 20 chicken wings, separated at joints and tips removed
- bleu cheese salad dressing
- SAUCE: Heat butter in a medium saucepan. add onion, garlic and jalapeno peppers. saute' for 1-2 minutes.
- Add remaining sauce ingredients, heat to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until thickened.
- CHICKEN: Meanwhile, heat oil in deep fryer or dutch oven to 350°F To a plastic grocery bag, add flour and garlic powder.
- When oil is ready, dredge chicken in flour mixture, shake off excess flour and place into hot oil. Reduce temperature to medium, cover and fry for about 3-4 minutes. Uncover, stir to turn chicken, and continue frying until golden and cooked through. NOTE: Do in batches, do not overcrowd chicken pieces.
- Using a strainer, remove chicken pieces and place immidiately into JJ's hot sauce. toss to coat and serve with bleu cheese dressing and lots of napkins.
Very spicy and sweet kick. Thanks for sharing.
These are really good. Thought they were more sweet then hot. Very easy to prepare. You really should broil them first. This seems to firm them up. I cut the recipe down to 2 servings and it worked great. Fixed these tasty guys for one of our snack nights. Thanks for posting.