Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From a friend of a friend.
- 1⁄2 cup white rice
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Boil water with a few dashes of salt, and 1 T butter in a 1 quart saucepan. Addd rice, stir, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a double boiler place, milk, sugar, cooked rice and a dash of salt.
- Stir and cover. Cook on the double boiler for 2 hours.
- Butter a 3qt baking dish.
- Beat 3 eggs,then add 2 T butter, the rice mixture and vanilla. Place into baking dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350.
- Will look watery, but will set up.