1/1 Photo of Jimmy Dean Hearty Sausage and Potato Soup
From Jimmy Dean. I changed up a bit to our liking. I will note our changes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb jimmy dean hot and spicy sausage, cooked, crumbled and drained (recipe calls for regular flavor)
- 3 medium baking potatoes, baked, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme (recipe calls for 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme)
- 2 cups milk (I used 2%)
- 1 cup half-and-half (recipes calls for 3 cups milk instead of 1 cup half and half)
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add onions; saute until tender.
- 3Stir in flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 4Gradually stir in chicken broth; bring to a boil; stirring frequently, until thickened and smooth.
- 5Stir in milk, cream, thyme, sausage and potatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- 6Stir in Parmesan Cheese. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jimmy Dean Hearty Sausage and Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 590.9
- Calories from Fat 390
- Total Fat 43.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 115.1 mg
- Sodium 1244.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 23.9 g