Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is more a layered dessert than a cake. Its very good. This is from an old newspaper clipping. Is all I had on hand was golden roast peanuts, but they worked great.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2⁄3 cup chopped peanuts
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter or 1⁄3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup Cool Whip (out of an 8 oz. container, save rest for layer 4)
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 2 3⁄4 cups milk
- rest Cool Whip
- chocolate shavings (optional)
- chopped peanuts (optional)
- First Layer: Combine flour, margarine and peanuts and blend like pie crust.
- Press into bottom of 9 x 13 pan and bake 20 minutes at 350°F (Note: It takes a little work to make the crust cover the whole bottom, but it does and its worth it!).
- Second Layer: Blend all second layer ingredients together and pour carefully on top of first layer.
- Spread to even it out.
- Third Layer: Blend third layer ingredients and pour on top of second layer.
- Let pudding set up a little before putting fourth layer on.
- Fourth Layer: Put remainder of Cool Whip on top and garnish with the shaved chocolate and peanuts.
We are peanut butter freaks in our house, and this is our favorite version of this dessert. So easy, so light - and delicious!!