Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the Winsor-Pilates Low-Carb Cookbook I received in the August 09 Cookbook Swap.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt or 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken wings (about 10 wings)
- Preheat oven to 450°. Spray broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- For Ranch Dipping Sauce, combine mayonnaise, yogurt, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and onion powder in small bowl.
- Combine orange juice, sugar, thyme, paprika, nutmeg, red pepper, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in small bowl.
- Cut tips from wings; discard. Place wings in large bowl. Drizzle with orange juice mixture; toss to coat.
- Transfer chicken to greased broiler pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until juices run clear and skin is crisp. Serve with Ranch Dipping Sauce.
I used the dipping sauce and it is delicious, I used dry onion soup that you can buy in packages, 1/4 cup mayo vs the 1/2 cup and 1/4 cup ranch dressing. The mayo or dressing can be a little over powering so add carefully. This is a great recipe. thanks Chris