Recipe by DailyInspiration
Another delicious-sounding recipe from WW (3 points per 1 skewer and 1/2 cup salsa). These shrimp are cooked under the oven broiler.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 tablespoons red onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails left on if desired)
- 1 tablespoon jerk seasoning
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the salsa, stir together the pineapple, onion, cilantro, lime juice, ginger, jalapeno and honey in a serving bowl.
- Spray the broiler rack with nonstick spray and preheat the broiler.
- Toss together the shrimp, jerk seasoning and oil in a medium bowl until evenly coated. Thread about 7 shrimp on each of 4 (10-12 inch) metal skewers. (Wooden skewers are not recommended). Place the skewers on the broiler rack and broil 5 inches from the heat until the shrimp are just opaque in the center, about 3 minutes on each side. Serve with salsa.