Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is similar to other recipes, but different enough to post on its own. I've never made it, but my sister-in-law, Jeni, made this, and it is to die for. It's very filling. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Saute the onions in the butter for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and saute for 5 more minutes.
- Stir in the dill, paprika, soy sauce and broth.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the salt, ground black pepper, lemon juice, and parsley.
- Mix together and allow to heat through over low heat, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Do not boil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and heavy cream.
- Add to soup when soup is almost at a boil, and simmer for five minutes or so.
- Serve immediately, but leftovers are nice too.
this was a nice mushroom soup. i used baby bella and white mushrooms. i followed the recipe, used the juice of 1 small lemon, and home made chicken stock.