Recipe by gahboo
A typical Tomato Salsa. Vary the heat by varying the jalapenos. The recipe produces mild Salsa. Home made salsas tend to be more watery than commercial varieties. To "tighten" the salsa, you can drain the chopped tomatos before mixing all ingredients. You can also include a Tablespoon of flour mixed with cold water if you like.
- 8 cups chopped tomatoes (8 large)
- 2 medium onions
- 8 teaspoons vinegar
- 5 teaspoons salt
- 8 jalapenos
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 6 garlic cloves
- 30 ounces tomato juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanche, peel, and chop tomatoes. Measure 8 cups.
- Stem, seed, and chop peppers. Chop Onion. Slice garlic thinly.
- Mix all ingredients in large pot. Bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes, or until onion looks glassy and clear.
- Cook in pressure canner 5 minutes at 15 psi.
- Remove from heat, and allow the canner to return to ambient pressure of its own accord.
- Remove and cool jars.