Recipe by FolkDiva
An easy recipe for spicy jamaican peel and eat shrimp. These make a great appetizer/first course for a barbeque.
- 2267.96 g shrimp (left in shells)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced or thinly sliced)
- 236.59 ml cooking oil
- 9.85 ml salt
- 2 scotch bonnet peppers (seeded and sliced....wear gloves!)
- 29.58 ml vinegar
- 3 jamaican allspice seeds (crushed or ground)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil, garlic, salt and peppers in dutch oven over medium to medium high heat.
- Add shrimp and stir for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle allspice into the mixture.
- Add vinegar and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Heap finished shrimp on a platter along with lemon wedges and/or your favorite dipping sauce -- and let everyone help themselves!