Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
An easy recipe for spicy jamaican peel and eat shrimp. These make a great appetizer/first course for a barbeque.
- 5 lbs shrimp (left in shells)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced or thinly sliced)
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 scotch bonnet peppers (seeded and sliced....wear gloves!)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 jamaican allspice seeds (crushed or ground)
- Heat oil, garlic, salt and peppers in dutch oven over medium to medium high heat.
- Add shrimp and stir for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle allspice into the mixture.
- Add vinegar and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Heap finished shrimp on a platter along with lemon wedges and/or your favorite dipping sauce -- and let everyone help themselves!
Great shrimp! I cut the recipe back to 1 lb of shrimp and used a habanero pepper. These were simple to make and really yummy - thanks for sharing the recipe!
Super super good. I cut the oil way down (and made it for two as well) bc i don't think that much oil is needed, but oh were they addictive!!!