Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
have a taste of the Caribbean's Jamaican seasoning. Courtesy of Aisha. For ZWT5. Suggestion: Rub onto pork chops up to 4 hours in advance before grilling and chicken wings up to 8 hours in advance.
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine onion powder, chives thyme, allspice, salt, sugar, black pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, nutmeg and cinnamon. Use 2 tbsp per 4 servings.
- Can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 months.
Thanks for posting this recipe. I've been looking for a jerk seasoning recipe since I haven't been able to find the McCormick seasoning I used to buy. Next time I might use a little less allspice and nutmeg but I like it either way.
This makes a great jerk seasoning mix. I used it for Paula-Deen-pig-on-a-stick-with-dipping-sauce and it was fantastic. Will definitely keep a batch of this around. I did halve the recipe and it made plenty.
We really enjoyed this jerk seasoning. A first for me. Great flavors. It was spicy so next time I'll ratchet it down a notch (less cayene). DH thought it was perfect. Thanks for posting Pneuma!