Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Nice and spicy, just the way I like it. How about you?
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Mix together all spices thoroughly and store in an airtight container.
- To use, rub on chicken, pork, or shrimp 15-20 minutes before grilling.
- This recipe should do about 3 pounds of meat.
Yummy. I cut down on the cayenne a lot, since what I have is African bird pepper and has 90,000 heat units... I think I used about 1/4 tsp and it was still kickin'. I followed Cookgirl's suggestion and used this to rub a pound of firm tofu. I was really generous with the rub and coated the tofu very well and used a full recipe for the pound. I baked the tofu at 400 for about 1/2 an hour and it turned out great. Nice and flavorful. The flavor was nice and pretty well balanced between sweet and spicy. I think it would be a great idea to marinade your meat (or tofu!) in some lime juice, then rub with this or sprinkle some lime juice over top after cooking... I did feel it needed a bit of tang. But overall, very good!
Really good, added a Scotch Bonnet to it for a real kick, Marinaded meat for 24 hours!
Excellent! My DH hates "spicy, " so I left out the cayenne, but otherwise made according to the recipe.