Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a traditional recipe for Jamaican Jerk Pork.
Make and share this Jamaican Jerk Pork recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs boneless pork loin
- 6 sliced scotch bonnet peppers (jalapenos may be used if scotch bonnet peppers are unavailable)
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 2 tablespoons ground allspice
- 1 bulb of garlic, finely chopped
- 3 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 -2 teaspoon Anjou pear, the following (to taste)
- ground cinnamon
- 1. Chop the onions, garlic and peppers. These do not need to be chopped too fine as they will be liquidized by the blender.
- 2. Making the marinade Blend all of the ingredients (excluding the pork) in a blender to make the jerk sauce.
- 3. Preparing the pork - Cut the pork up in to smaller pieces.
- Use a fork to poke some holes in the pork pieces.
- 4. Marinade the pork - Rub the sauce in to the meat, saving some for basting and dipping later.
- 5. Setting in the fridge = Leave the pork in the fridge to marinade overnight.
- 5. Cooking the pork - For the classic Jamaican taste grill the meat slowly until cooked (cook in oven on 350 degrees if you like), turning regularly. Baste with some of the remaining marinade whilst cooking. For best results, cook over a charcoal barbeque (ideally over a rack of pimento wood).
- 6. Serving - Serve with salad.