Don't close your eyes while listening to the steel drum, or someone might steal your chicken.
Make and share this Jamaican Jerk Chicken for Two recipe from Food.com.
- 2 chicken legs
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 -3 habanero pepper, minced (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dark jamaican rum
- Combine vinegar, lime juice, oil, and molasses in a small bowl; stir onions and habaneros into liquid and add rum.
- Mix dry spices together in a small bowl;slowly whisk in the liquid mixture, and add the garlic.
- Pour 1/2 cup of marinade into a separate cup to use as a baste during cooking; reserve.
- Separate leg quarters, if desired and place in a ziploc bag or shallow dish and pour remaining marinade over, stirring to coat thoroughly; marinate, refrigerated, for 6 hours, or overnight.
- Prepare grill by setting coals off to one side.
- Place an aluminum pan (or prepare one out of heavy-duty aluminum foil) next to the coals on the lowest grill rack (not directly over coals); pour one cup of water plus 2-3 tbsp rum in to drip pan.
- When the coals are hot, grill chicken on prepared rack above the drip pan (not directly over the coals), opposite from the coals and cover grill.
- As chicken becomes browned, occasionally baste with reserved marinade, and cook chicken until juices run clear and chicken is done, at least 30 min, up to an hour, slow cooking preferred.