1/2 Photos of Jamaican Jerk Chicken for Two
Sue Lau's Note:
Don't close your eyes while listening to the steel drum, or someone might steal your chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 chicken legs
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 -3 habanero pepper, minced (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark jamaican rum
- 1Combine vinegar, lime juice, oil, and molasses in a small bowl; stir onions and habaneros into liquid and add rum.
- 2Mix dry spices together in a small bowl;slowly whisk in the liquid mixture, and add the garlic.
- 3Pour 1/2 cup of marinade into a separate cup to use as a baste during cooking; reserve.
- 4Separate leg quarters, if desired and place in a ziploc bag or shallow dish and pour remaining marinade over, stirring to coat thoroughly; marinate, refrigerated, for 6 hours, or overnight.
- 5Prepare grill by setting coals off to one side.
- 6Place an aluminum pan (or prepare one out of heavy-duty aluminum foil) next to the coals on the lowest grill rack (not directly over coals); pour one cup of water plus 2-3 tbsp rum in to drip pan.
- 7When the coals are hot, grill chicken on prepared rack above the drip pan (not directly over the coals), opposite from the coals and cover grill.
- 8As chicken becomes browned, occasionally baste with reserved marinade, and cook chicken until juices run clear and chicken is done, at least 30 min, up to an hour, slow cooking preferred.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jamaican Jerk Chicken for Two
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 461.4
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 138.6 mg
- Sodium 722.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 31.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar