1/3 Photos of Jamaican Coco Bread
1 hr 15 mins
Nat Da Brat's Note:
These little gems are served all over Negril.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast and sugar in water then stir in milk, salt and egg.
- 2Add 1/2 of the flour and stir, continue to add flour until you have a dough that can be turned out of the bowl.
- 3Knead the dough for 10 minutes until smooth but firm.
- 4Oil a clean bowl and turn the dough in it until coated.
- 5Cover with a damp towel and let it rise for 1 hours Cut into 10 portions and roll each piece into a 6 inch diameter circle.
- 6Brush with melted butter then fold in 1/2.
- 7Brush with more butter and fold in 1/2 again.
- 8Set breads on a oiled baking sheet and let them rise until they double in size.
- 9Preheat oven to 425 F set a pan of hot water on the lowest oven rack.
- 10Bake for about 12- 15 minutes or until golden brown (on upper rack, set to middle).
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jamaican Coco Bread
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.0
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 45.5 mg
- Sodium 447.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 5.7 g