Coco Pops Muffins
- Ready In:
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 2 cups Coco Pops cereal or 2 cups COCOA KRISPIES® cereal
- 100 g butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180.C.
- Grease 12 1/2 cup capacity muffins pans.
- Sift flour and cocoa into a large bowl, add sugar & 1 3/4 cups coco pops, stir well to combine.
- Combine butter, egg, buttermilk and vanilla in a jug and then add to dry ingredients, stir until just combined.
- Spoon mixture evenly into prepared muffins pans and sprinkle tops with remaining coco pops.
- Bake for 20 mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Join The Conversation
These were very easy to make and I actually made 24 slightly smaller muffins with these amounts. I liked the muffins but the cereal tended to be chewy when cooked in the muffin which is not to everyone's tastes and I also found that they weren't very sweet so they really needed a frosting for maximum impact. I used chocolate buttercream and I also added some extra chocolate chips. The kids loved them!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Melbourne I live on a 5 acre property in the Dandenong Ranges Victoria, Australia, having moved from the burbs when I became pregnant with my now 15 year old daughter Alyssa. Once my daughter was born I became a stay at home mum as I couldn't bear the thought of putting her in daycare. She is the light of my life, I never imagined myself as a mum when younger but now wouldn't have it any other way. Alyssa was made a big sister on the 19th April 2010 when our cheeky little boy Blake was born. I love cooking and experimenting with new recipes so quickly become addicted to Zaar as it was previously known & still use it regularly. In addition to being my kids taxi :lol: I also spend my time, reading, gardening and of course shopping. I'm lucky enough that we have the space & so love growing our own fruits, vegies & herbs, this also means we have plenty of room for animals & at the moment have 2 dogs, Max, a Jackshund who's 6, Fletcher, a Kelpie who's 4, 6 cats Snowpea, Fergus, Ginger, Tango, Annie & Cookie, 4 chooks & 2 Ducks. As well as our pets, we also have a lot of native animals around our area, we have kangaroos, wombats, echidna's, possums as well as rosella's, galah's & Cockatoo's hence the name of where I live..