Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
In response to request. This is a great hot sauce to have around. Delicious on pizza, cheesesteaks, hamburgers, added to soups, chili or tomato sauce.
- 12 jalapeno peppers
- 8 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 whole lime
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut hot pepper in half and remove seeds.
- Drop in boiling water for 30 seconds to blanche.
- Squeeze juice from lime and combine hot peppers and all other ingredients in blender and chop.
- Now put them on high speed to blend all ingredients together.
- Store in an a wide mouth jar and store in the fridge.
Whoo....this was kickin'! I'm looking forward to trying this all kinds of ways. Thanks for posting the recipe.
Great flavor! Nice sting to the mouth. And it doesnt take much.
This is grand! I lived in Albuquerque for 36 years & moved to North Carolina 11 years ago. I love it here, but I sure miss the hot stuff. What I just made NO ONE would lable Medium Hot, but for me it's perfect. Thanks for posting it. I only had 4 Jalapenos so tomorrow I will get to the grocery for more & almost more lime juice. WOW! I feel like I'm back in NM (As I was making such a small batch I felt it OK to lick the spoon. I won't do that when others will be eating it, but I just could not resist!) Again, thank you so much!