Pasta With Asparagus
A clipped out recipe from one of the TOH magazines submitted by J Fisher. She originally added red pepper flakes and hot sauce (1 tsp flakes & 3 dashes hot sauce) to this dish but due to allergies in our home I had to take those out and adjust with a bit more pepper and some extra garlic. I hope you enjoy it. I love making this in the Spring when asparagus is very fresh and has small stalks.
- Ready In:
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly shredded
- 1⁄2 lb mostaccioli pasta, cooked & drained (or other long tubular pasta)
- In a large skillet, heat oil and butter and then saute garlic and oregano for 2-3 minutes, stirring often so they do not burn.
- Add asparagus pieces, salt, and pepper and saute until asparagus is crisp-tender (about 8-10 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Add parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Pour over hot prepared pasta and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.