Jane from Ohio's Note:
This is a good and easy soup to make. I got this from Giada De Laurentiis on the Food Network.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1/3 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 slice white bread, crust removed
- cut in small bread cubes
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces ground pork
- 8 ounces ground beef
- fresh ground pepper
- 2Stir onion, parsley, egg, minced garlic, salt, and bread cubes in a large bowl to blend.
- 3Stir in cheese, beef, and pork; shape into 1 inch meatballs and place on baking sheet.
- 5In large pot bring chicken broth to boil over medium-high heat.
- 6Add meatballs and endive.
- 7Simmer until meatballs are cooked and endive is tender, about 8 minutes (I had to cook mine a little longer).
- 8Whisk the eggs and cheese in medium bowl to blend.
- 9Stir the soup in a circular motion.
- 10Gradually drizzle the egg mixture into the moving broth. Stir gently with fork to form thin strands of eggs, about 1 minute.
- 11Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 12Ladle into bowl.
- 13Finish soup with parmesan cheese, if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Wedding Soup
Serving Size: 1 (687 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.0
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 154.7 mg
- Sodium 806.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 31.5 g