Bridget's Italian Wedding Soup
photo by Bergy
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 12 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 cup acini di pepe pasta
- 2 carrots (chopped)
- Combine first eight ingredients.
- Form into LITTLE meatballs (there will be a lot of them).
- Fry in batches in the pot you will be preparing the soup.
- When all the meatballs are fried remove from the pot and add the chicken broth.
- Scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Add the meatballs, spinach, pasta, and carrots to the broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook till the meatballs are done and sp is the pasta.
- ENJOY, ENJOY!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We loved this soup. Followed this recipe exactly. I thought frying the meatballs in the same pot was a great idea because the brown bits really give the soup an extra kick of flavor. This made a lot of meatballs ! The seasonings are right on! Everyone enjoyed this and we will definitely make it often. Made for PAC Spring 2009.