1/1 Photo of Italian Wedding Soup
Traditionally this soup is served at Italian weddings, but my family made it every time we wanted to feel the "love". This reminds me of my Italian (Scavo / Rotella) family recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 8 ounces ground pork
- 1In a large bowl stir together first 6 ingredients.
- 2Stir in cheese and bread crumbs.
- 3Mix in meats with your hands.
- 4Roll into 1 inch meatballs (about 75).
- 5Place on baking sheet.
- 6Bring broth to a boil in a large pot over medium high heat.
- 7Add meatballs and escarole and simmer about 10 minutes.
- 8Whisk eggs and cheese in a bowl; then add to soup slowly stirring with a fork to form thin strands of egg about 1 minute.
- 9Season with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Wedding Soup
Serving Size: 1 (467 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.4
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 121.4 mg
- Sodium 1546.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 25.9 g