Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Nice change from boring everyday hamburgers. The original recipe also calls for 1/2 tsp salt, but we don't use.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced
- Combine ground turkey, basil, paprika, garlic, and pepper in medium bowl. Shape into 4 hamburgers.
- Cook hamburgers on grill or in skillet until done.
- Top each burger with 1 slice cheese and continue cooking until cheese is melted.
- Place burgers on buns, top with tomatoes.
These were very good burgers. Can't wait to try them again using fresh basil. Made for 1~2~3 Hits.
Delicious burger. We always use turkey for burgers and it was nice to find a new way to flavor it. I used fresh basil. I made one change: used Provolone instead of mozzarella. I "grilled" mine on the George Forman, as it was too hot OUTSIDE to use the BBQ.
Great burger. I had to use dried basil, but look forward to adding fresh, once my basil plant yields it's leaves. I want to give credit to my husband, who did the grilling. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag. :)