1/5 Photos of Italian - Style Mac 'n Cheese
From Rachel Ray's Get Together cookbook. Very hearty and a wonderful taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ziti pasta or 1 lb penne
- 1 lb italian bulk sweet sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 12 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, well drained
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (like Tabasco)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- 2Brown and crumble the sausage.
- 3Drain on paper towels.
- 4Return pan to heat and add olive oil, butter, garlic and mushrooms.
- 5Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Saute 3 to 5 minutes.
- 7Preheat broiler to high.
- 8To mushrooms, add flour and stir, cooking 2 mnutes.
- 9Whisk in stock, then stir in cream.
- 10Bring cream to a buble, then stir in two cups of 4 cheese blend.
- 11When cheese has melted, add tomatoes.
- 12When sauce comes to a buble, remove from head and adjust seasonings, adding hot sauce if desired.
- 13Combine cheese sauce with sausage and pasta, transfer to a baking dish.
- 14Sprinklge remaining 1/2 cup 4 cheese blend and the grated Parmesan over the top and brown under hot broiler.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian - Style Mac 'n Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.5
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 45.3 mg
- Sodium 339.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 14.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian cheese blend