Creamy Mac 'N Cheese
photo by Michael Kinsel
- Ready In:
- 16 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3 -4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Cook macaroni according to the package directions. Drain.
- In a saucepan, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Stir in enough flour to make a roux. Add cream to roux slowly, stirring constantly.
- Stir in cheeses, remaining cream and the milk (Start with 3 cups of sharp cheddar and add 4th cup to desired consistency) and cook over low heat until cheese is melted and the sauce is a little thick.
- Put macaroni in large casserole dish, and pour sauce over macaroni. Stir well.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Serve.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!