Recipe by Angelique#777
My dislike of zucchini, in the face of this delicious and fragrant side dish, went out the window.
Top Review by Susie D
I have made zucchinni & tomatoes many times I was pleased with this recipe. The addition of bacon is a twist & adds a new dimension to the flavor. I used 2 garlic cloves, 2 t of italian seasoning, and added a pinch of sugar.
- 8 medium zucchini, sliced 1/2 in. thick
- 2 (16 ounce) canss&w Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 lb bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion
- garlic clove
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook chopped bacon until done, but not crispy.Drain and set aside.
- Saute sliced zucchini in large skillet, tossing in chopped onion, at the last moment adding crushed garlic cloves.
- Transfer to 6-8 qt pot, adding bacon and canned tomatoes, seasonings and more garlic, plus just enough water to make sure everything is covered. C over and cook over medium-low heat until zucchini is tender, keeping an eye on the fluid.
- Optional: Top with parmesan or grated mozzarella.