Recipe by Alan in SW Florida
What a combination!! Sweet fried peppers and onions with spicy sausage. It can't be beat!! Easy and quick...it can be thrown together in minutes for a midweek supper or a family get-together. Serve it with some crusty Italian bread to soak up the delicious juices. A must for my friends who come over to watch football...I get hoagie rolls and let them make their own submarine sandwiches!!! However, you must use the best quality Italian sausage you can find, whether spicy or mild...or if you really have time (I don't!!),make your own sausages. Mangia!!!!
- 8 links Italian sausages (Spicy or Mild or Both, as desired)
- 6 medium sweet bell peppers, cut into slices (just green is fine, but try using a mix of colors)
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley (flat parsley)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large, heavy frying pan,over medium-high heat, brown the sausages in the olive oil well on all sides. Add the onions, and cook until they begin to take on color.
- Add the peppers and garlic, and continue cooking until the peppers are tender, but not mushy, and the sausages are cooked through, about 20 to 25 minutes or so.
- Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Mix in the fresh parsley. Serve!
- Buon Appetito!